Lest you all think the men with the huggy coats have come to take me away for a vacation, allow me to say that I am alive and well (enough.) Things are percolating behind the scenes here – still waters run deep, and all that dreck. This isn’t the official return-to-blogging post, but I figured I’d let you know some of what’s going on.
- Work sucks.
- I have a killer backache, and have had it for a few days now.
- My doctor diagnosed me with carpal tunnel syndrome, and instructed me to buy and wear wrist braces. The novelty wore off about three hours after putting them on for the first time. My doctor says that we caught it very early, and that I don’t have to worry about my knitting, which is good. Unfortunately, I think that the awkward angle at which they force me to hold my hands when I type is responsible for the aforementioned backache. I’ve taken them off for now and will wear them only for sleep for a few days and see if that helps.
- In the near future (probably tonight) things will be changing around these parts. Once upon a time I mentioned that I was planning an overhaul…almost a year later, I think I’m past due. Some things slated to change:
- Update to the latest version of WordPress (I’m only…oh…six releases behind)
- New theme/appearance
- Something, anything to stop the onslaught of spam
- Updated links, and a general sidebar cleanup
- Better, clearer, more organized categories
- Whatever other widgets and shiny buttons strike my fancy
This does, however, mean that I will be moving things around and playing with code, and therefore I will probably break a lot of things in the process. If you show up here and the page looks totally wonky, I’m probably aware and actively playing with it. I’ll post another note when the majority of the frobbing is done, and you can notify me of any bugs then. In the meantime, I beg your continued patience.
- There has been some knitting, though not as much as I’d like. I’ll have that, plus a couple fantabulous things that have appeared in my mailbox, when I return. Which should be soon. Really.
(Oh, and if you’re expecting an e-mail from me, it’s probably still coming. Just so you know.)